Social Media Platforms Breakdown: Understanding what is Right for Your Business
Social media is a cornerstone of success for any online business. It?s the perfect way to interact with your current customers and potential customers. So you should just get out there posting on as many social media sites as quickly as possible, right? Wrong!
New businesses often make the mistake of assuming that to be successful you need to be active and trending on every major social media site.
Target Your Social Media Marketing Where It?ll Get the Best Results
In reality, to perform well on all social media sites costs a fortune in time and money. No business has an unlimited marketing budget, so we must be smart in how we allocate our resources set aside for social media marketing.
Instead of weakly spreading your message across all social media networks, it pays to have a targeted focus on the social media networks that will get you the best results. After you have a strong foothold in one or two social media networks, you can turn your attention to others.
Which Social Networks Should I Focus on First?
With so many social networks out there, it can be hard to decide where to start. Social media platforms are all completely different ? you can?t use the same marketing strategy for all social media. Where you choose to focus first depends on your business, your products, and the core demographic of your audience.
At Bella V Marketing, we can outline your best options. Here are some of the main social media platforms to consider:
- Facebook ? With over 1.49 billion daily active users, Facebook is the largest social media network. 68% of adults (ages 50 to 64) social media users are on Facebook, so you?ll almost certainly find an audience there.
- LinkedIn ?For B2B companies, LinkedIn is the top dog, allowing you to reach over 590 million professionals. Two professionals join LinkedIn every second. Users on LinkedIn also have a higher average income level and higher average education level attained than other major social media networks.
- Instagram ? Instagram users have a high willingness to engage, with the like button being pressed an average of 4.2 billion times a day! While the age demographic on Instagram tends to skew younger than a site like Facebook ? 72% of 13-17-year-olds and, 64% of 18-29-year-olds use Instagram ? its simple, photo-centric design is a visual place to tell any story and promote your brand.
- Pinterest ? 83% of women say they use Pinterest to plan life moments (think: weddings, home renovations, parties, etc.), which is almost double that of Instagram and Facebook. While this indicates that users are prime to buy (61% of users have made purchases after seeing a product on Pinterest), the cycle of this buying process can be lengthy. Most users are in the planning stage and therefore going to have a longer sales cycle. Because they spend more money per purchase, it is worthwhile with the goal being from a product standpoint to ?make their board.?
- YouTube ? Video marketing sells, big time. Mobile video views now make up a massive percentage of daily views on YouTube, with over a billion views per day.
- Snapchat ? Think Snapchat is a niche site? You?re missing out! 3.5 billion snaps are sent each day! Most users of Snapchat are between the ages of 13 and 29, and there are more women snappers than men.
- Twitter ? 75% of B2B businesses market on Twitter. Marketing on Twitter is a different ballgame than Facebook and you?ll find yourself sending shorter messages and engaging more directly with customers.
- TikTok ? Over a billion people have installed TikTok on the mobile device. It?s another video-focused social media site that?s predominantly used by young people. It?s on fire at the moment, outstripping all other social media platforms for worldwide installs per day. It?s a good choice for influencer marketing.
There are tens of thousands of social networks out there. Find the social media platforms, forums, boards, discussions, and interest groups that your potential customers are most likely to use and find ways to engage with them in an authentic, useful way.
We?re Here to Help!
Let us help you establish, manage, and leverage your social media accounts. At Bella V, we can help you analyze your audience and decide which social media networks to focus on.
- Manage your social media for you, or give you the tools to manage it yourself in-house.
- Create a strategy to stimulate your audience?s interest through content marketing.
- Keep your company?s online reputation head and shoulders above your competition.
We love what we do, and we look forward to helping you too. Get in touch today at 989-272-2238 or email us at email@example.com.